Friday 27 January 2012

What's Kind Of Weird

I've always found it odd that the heart is a symbol of love. I mean, it's completely arbitrary.
if anything, the brain should be the symbol of love and emotion, since it's the organ that's actually responsible for those. And this is isn't new, since until recently the brain wasn't considered important. Did you know that when the egyptians were preserving people's organs, they'd just yank it out and throw it away, but keep the rest? But anyway, this whole "Heart = Love" thing definitely isn't based on beauty, because really, what looks better, this:

...or this?

It seems pretty obvious to me. Yecch. It actually took me a lot of courage to put that picture in a post. So, associating the brain with love is pretty stupid. I mean, it's a fancy pump! What's so special about a pump? I mean, wouldn't it be dumb if people associated normal water pumps with, like, victory or something? That would be ridiculous!

"Man, I'm gonna knock your socks off!"

"Oh yeah? Well, wait till you see my new moves!"

"Well, I swear to every drop of water in my pump that I will win this match!"

"What makes you so sure! You got a pump made of plastic!"

"What did you just say?!"

"You heard me, bro! You ain't got no pump!"

"Why, you!!!"

I mean, doesn't that sound so dumb? Well, I thought so. Anyway, that's my opinion on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment