Friday 11 November 2011

Machinarium

Hello. I realize it's been a while since I've posted, and one reason for that is that I have a computer anew. But enough about that. Since it's what I often do, I'm just going to talk about some random application or game that I like. And today, it has nothing to do Myst or Riven!

So, about this game. It's a point and click style adventure about this robot thingy. You must save your friend who is also the opposite gender, because apparently robots still have sexual attraction. Anyway, the whole thing is hand-drawn, and it solves a lot of the annoyances of other point and click games such as King's Quest. To name a few, you can't make the game unwinnable, and the implausible holding enormous amounts of stuff in your pockets theory is fixed by the robot eating everything, because apparently he's hollow. It also has a lot of neat ambient music, and the puzzles are usually not arbitrary. However, there are certain times that it seems like they put in a puzzle just for the sake of having a puzzle, unlike Riven where the team spent months trying to make everything seem real. That's not to say I don't like this game. It is a good game, but I'm afraid I still don't like it as much as the Myst series. Although Myst 5 wasn't that great. Anyway, yeah. It is a good game. If you're interested, you can play a demo or buy the full version here:
http://machinarium.net/demo/

No comments:

Post a Comment